Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter, gone in a blink!

















HAPPY EASTER!!!! Harley had a fun time looking around the house for her basket. She didn't have a clue what we were looking for but was sure happy when we found it!!! I love looking at the Easter pictures in my baby book and I'm excited for Harley to have those same memories. I also made some baskets for Bryant, Emily, Grama and Grampa Howell.

I hunted Emily down and convinced her to join the party here at the Howell's for Easter. We had tons of food, a fun egg hunt and a pretty darn good time! I was kinda bummed that Easter fell on Conference this year but Bryant and I had a little scripture study and I actually got a bunch of Bryant's family together to go to church with Bryant's mom. I straightened her hair, got her all dressed and ready to go and the minute we were loading into the car she decided she "couldn't possibly" make it. They tried to call it off but there's no way I got Harley and I ready, and had other people in the car waiting for no reason! So guess what? THEY WENT darn it!!! I really couldn't tell you if any of them had been in years. But I think standing in the back of a packed Catholic church listening to things none of us understood still gave Easter deeper meaning! We talked on the way home about how the important thing that our different religions had in common, was that we believed we had a savior who died for us. No matter what our Christian tittle, we know that having those same beliefs bring us closer together. It was a really nice 7 minute car ride!!

4 comments:

mamaseversike said...

You are such a good influence in that home! Harley is getting so darn big. Wait until you bring home a new baby, she'll look like a kindergartener to you! That last picture of her, holding the baby by the arm, sure looks like she and Callie are cousins! We went to the first session of conference then spent the rest of Easter in airports and on a plane-blech.

Anonymous said...

Good job getting everyone to church. I can't wait to get Chris back going.
I love how you found the most important piece idea on Easter Sunday. That it doens't matter what Christian title we all have...we still believe He died for us and rose from the dead and will come again to judge the living and the dead.
You talking about the Catholic church and not understanding things really makes me want to go back to the Catholic church this weekend! I miss it so much!

Kirk Smith said...

You never cease to amaze me in all you do. I can't believe what a strong woman you are despite having a little one and being pregnant. You are an inspiration. Glad to see you had a good Easter! I love seeing your happy face! :o)

Jennis said...

The happiest 7 minutes EVER!! I love that you made it happen even if it meant going to a church a little different that ours. I think you truly embraced the spirit of Christianity by getting Christ at the center of the celebration. I love you more than words can say and I'm so proud of the woman you are, mom you are, sister, aunty, wife, and friend... You sparkle more than any star in the sky. I'm proud to call you my sister. :)