Monday, March 29, 2010

Amen Already!



The last few nights we've started letting Harley take a turn saying prayers before bed. The first time she only repeated a few words. This is something like how last night's went;


Me:Dear Heavenly Father,

Harley: Heben Fodder

Me: Thank you for this day,

Harley:Thanks day!

Me:(smiling) thank you for momma,

Harley: THANks MOMma!

Me:(kinda laughing) thank you for daddy,

Harley:daaaddyyyy,

Me: Please bless we sleep good,

Harley: Sleep good,

Me:Please bless we have no bad dreams,

Harley: (sigh) silence

Me:(laughing again) in the name of Jesus Christ,

Harley: Chriiiis

Me: Amen.

Harley and Bryant together: Amen!


Another funny thing she's been doing is trying to sound out words. I'll help her enunciate by saying something like, "fa fa fa fork" or "la la la light" she'll copy me and make me feel so smart. Then she walks around the house saying, " lalalalalalala SPOOON." and "sah sah sah sah sah MOM."


I love seeing her little personality blossom. Someone at church yesterday said, " Doesn't she have the sweetest spirit?" I of course replied, yes. Then he said, "I could hear her 'AMEN' over everyone Else's." Harley is that reassurance I need sometimes that I'm doing something right.


3 comments:

rumblebug said...

I love those stories about Harley! I think that's the funnest when they start to say prayers. I just want you to know that you ARE an amazing mom doing so many things right. Harley is such a sweet girl and she is very blessed to have you as her momma. Your strength of spirit amazes me, Amanda! Keep up the fantastic work you do everyday keeping your family happy and healthy!

mamaseversike said...

I agree with Jenna! I love hearing all the baby stories. Dad hears me laughing and says, "What's so funny?" and I get to read them to him and laugh some more. Gosh sakes, was just yesterday it was ya'll saying the baby prayers. love it.

Jennis said...

YOu are doing so many things right!! Harley is a good reminder though.. Thanks for making me cry. I love your blog. :)