Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost there!!!!




Most of you know by now that apparently I suck at carrying babies! On Friday the 16th I went to see my doctor because something funky was going on, and whaddya know? My water had broken. Oh, but not all the way... the "membranes ruptured" they say. For what reason, they don't know. Caused by what you ask? "One of those fluke things that are still being researched" they say.(Sigh....) The Doctors at the hospital I was initially supposed to deliver at had me transferred to Tacoma General Hospital(TG), housing one of the best Neonatal Intensive Care Units in the State. This way if I did deliver the baby early, who would at this point be 8 weeks premature, could have the best care possible. I was given shots to help his lungs develop, put on an IV and pumped with antibiotics to prevent infection(losing fluid means there's a way for bacteria to invade and potentially harm the baby and/or I). Long story short....I didn't go into labor and am still here waiting to reach the 34th week mark. At which point His lungs should be fully developed and baby Asher will be able to thrive out side his Momma with only a little help from the NICU. Some how I've managed not to go completely insane(all the visits from family and friends are to credit) and have 4 days to go!!!! I'm scheduled for Tuesday May 4th at Noon for a repeat C-section and soon I'll have pictures to share of our Little Addition!!!
Another exciting note: The apartment that we'd lived in before we moved to Yakima is finally vacant!! Bryant's repaired all of the damage( there was quite a bit!), painted the whole place floor to ceiling, had carpet cleaners work their magic, ripped out the stand up shower and installed a bathtub(!!!), and is working on flooring and cabinets in the bathroom!!! Needless to say, I won't have to go home to the in-laws with our brand new baby. Bryant's made it possible for us to have our own home again. I'm so blessed to have such a good Husband, and such a devoted daddy for my babies.... I'm so relieved to have my own space again and use my dishes and towels and furniture etc. etc etc.!!! I can't wait! So wish me luck family. I'll keep you posted!!!!






3 comments:

mamaseversike said...

You are almost there!! The sacrifices a mom makes certainly begin before you get to meet them, don't they? You're awesome, and I tell people how impressed I am with your cheerful attitude and great disposition. I'm proud of you. See you in the morning. kissies, mama

Debbie said...

You're amazing Amanda! And I'm really excited that you will finally be in your own place again. YAY!! Hope all continues to go well for you and yours, especially for Asher. Love ya, Debbie

Jennis said...

good work Bryant it's looking good in there. Sorry Manda that you had to wait so darn long to get back in.. BOOO on people that suck.