Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!




I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. Having a family of my own definitely puts a new spin on the meaning of Christmas for me. Heavenly Father was completely aware long before Christ was born that one day his son, a humble babe in Bethlehem ,would be mocked and scorned. Bruised, beaten and finally suffer and die for His other children. How scared The Lord must have been. How proud and how sad to know He must watch and stand idly by when he could easily intervene. I can't fathom or even begin to wrap my head around it. I'm so grateful for this time to reflect and celebrate my Lord and his son, my brother my savior. Last Sunday we got to sing my favorite hymn, 'Abide with me.' Reading it definitely doesn't move me the way singing it does and it reaffirms to me the power the spirit has through song and the ability to give praise and celebrate this Holiday season through songs and carols.

2 comments:

rumblebug said...

Amanda - You have an amazing spirit. Your updates rarely fail to bring tears to my eyes. Thanks for being an inspiration. We love all three of you lots!

mamaseversike said...

I sure love your cute blog!! I am looking forward to Christmas too. I wonder if all this projected snow will buy me a couple hours late, or, dare I say it? A whole day?! We'll see! Love you! mama