Thursday, December 16, 2010

I was just thinkin











For about the last three months I've been watching a family members little girl named Jayden. Harley looks forward to seeing her and loves to have another girl to play with. You can imagine how devastated she was the first time Jayden told her she didn't like her any more! I don't remember how may days later or what the circumstance was, but I was bent over picking something up and in a frustrated tone I said, "HARLEEYYY!" she came up to me, put her hands on my face and looking straight at me, asked, " You like me? You like me Mom?" I had to laugh and reassure her, " Yes, I like you Honey!!" Poor girl was a little worried!! It's a hard thing to wrap your two year old head around, this not being liked! (and really, who wouldn't?!!)

4 comments:

rumblebug said...

Oh Amanda, that's such a sweet story. No matter how old or young our feelers are still sensitive. I forget that with my girls too. We love you guys!!

mamaseversike said...

Many years ago my friend Candy used to have, at the end of her phone message, "Oh, and be careful where you step, there are feelings everywhere." Poor Harley, she does take things to heart.

Debbie said...

Even harsh tones make Callie cry - she has sensitive feelers too. Hope the girls are friends again soon.
Thanks, Mom, for the reminder about feelings everywhere. Zach has been helping me be more considerate and less sarcastic, and I notice a difference in how people respond to me and how I am with them because I'm trying to not be sarcastic.

My word is relshi - is that a Jamaican relish??

Jennis said...

ohhh Jayden you stinker... That breaks my heart... Jacey comes home from school some days crushed that kids tell her they don't like her and mean things like that. it's harsh trying to understand kids.