Saturday, June 20, 2009

I was there, I swear!

I realize now that when you're behind the camera it doesn't look like you were there at all! Yesterday Aunt Zennie, Uncle Roger and their grandson Jeffrey invited us to go miniature golfing. Jeffrey's a good boy and was practically raised by his Nana and Papa. For some reason he has really latched on to Bryant, Harley and I......I say "some reason" because he's very shy and doesn't get close to people. He calls from his Nana's phone almost every day,( he spends every afternoon there during school and lots of weekends(some times weeks) there in the summer) and asks" Do you want to come over today?" Needless to say, we spend a lot of time at the Millers. Strangely though he'll only visit for a few minutes and then disappear into the computer room, where he spends most of his time. Then suddenly he'll run back into the room to make sure we didn't leave, pick Harley up and hold her for a while, then run back to his computer game(Just in case it decided to up and leave too!) He's very soft spoken and very sensitive. You have to watch his mouth if you want to catch every thing he says..... I have to hardest time telling him no, for fear he'll be crushed. So of course, we went.

Any way, we had a great time and I can't wait to go back because there's bumper boats, go carts, batting cages, an arcade and tennis courts too!

Harley was very helpful carrying our golf balls and picking them out of the holes!



In a miniature world Harley fits right in!

3 comments:

Zach said...

Amanda she is getting so big I can't beleive it! That miniature world is just the right size for her! What a cutie! Hey, you are planning on coming down here for the wedding right? If so, do you know when you'll be here? Hope you can make it!

mamaseversike said...

Rats! I wrote a comment and lost it because I was on Jacob's page!! Well, I said something like I was familiar with the 'behind the camera' phenominon (didn't spell it right the first time, either) or something like that! Love you!

Jennis said...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow I am off to bed so we can start a new adventure together. Love your guts. :)