Thursday, May 28, 2009










Now lets get to the Lemon of the weekend. Because Bryant recently got a job in Yakima we are relocating! He came home this weekend to help pack and take a load back with him. This is what happened to that plan. The black truck that you see here was pulling a trailer with almost EVERYTHING we own including, washer, dryer, range fridge etc...... Luckily Bryant was only going about 45 when the trailer started fish-tailing and he was able to slow to about 25 before he, followed by a trailer full of really heavy stuff, ended up in the ditch. This was Tuesday. Now rewind. Lets re-cap so you can get the whole picture. Friday -up late. Saturday-up early, Howell shin-dig all day,and up LATE. Sunday- up early cleanup, take down , start packing. Monday- pack ALL DAY, up late( At this point I'm not sure if we've slept a wink)and my bonding(a tooth colored build- up on my FRONT tooth) pops off, yeah it POPPED off. Very attractive.Tuesday -finish loading and He's off in the evening. Tuesday night- phone call, wait up till 1am when Bryant gets home after re-loading all of our belongings in relatives trucks. And now you're up to speed.

At this point I threw my hands in the air and really just wanted to scream, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!"


Wednesday morning- Go to dentist to repair my retarded tooth and tell Carrie Garner( a woman who's known me my whole life) the story. Who tells her husband and daughter who give us a brand new washer and dryer. And find a dresser they were willing to part with also. Dale( Carrie's Husband) calls the relief society President, who calls our bishop who consents to get us a new range if there was one at the distribution center(they didn't end up having one). And this is why every thing( like my tooth buildup popping off) happens for a reason.


The most important thing is that Bryant is 100% fine, not a bump or bruise on the guy. And once again we were blessed in adversity( an ongoing theme in our lives) to be reminded what really matters in life. Family, friends and the Gospel. With these thing we are able to be back on track and have every thing we need to continue on. Satan CONSTANTLY beats us down. Every time we get close to doing something good we get met with some crazy obstacle. But I am actually really happy that we do because it reminds me that there must be something really amazing and special about our family for Satan to work so hard on us.








5 comments:

JKLMNPeterson said...

Life is just hard sometimes. I have made it through hard times and know that there are more ahead but it is alway nice to know that there are people there for you. When there aren't people there is family and when there isn't family there is Heavenly Father who is always there for you. We love you and if there is anything you need call.

Kirk and Jill Smith - said...

Oh Manda..... I cried when Jennis told me what happened and I just cried even harder when I saw all the evidence of this "obstacle" in your life.... I am so glad that Bryant is okay and that things worked out the way they did. I am so sad for you to have lost all your belongings, but so grateful that you were so blessed to have great friends willing to help replace everything.

What a blessing the gospel is in our lives and you're obviously doing something right!!! :o) Hope everything is working out for you and if you need anything let us know!

mamaseversike said...

You remind me of a latter-day pioneer; pushing and pulling that ol' handcart across the plains. Some of them started out with furniture and clothing that didn't make it to their final destination, too. Others- all they wanted was to make it with Grandmother's china, and it had to be left at the side of a cliff as the wagon was lowered down. Still others cried as everything they owned was lost as they tried to ford a raging river. Through it all, the laughter and the heartache, they just kept plodding along, one foot in front of the other. In some far off day, when you and they meet, there will be tears as they hold you and tell you how proud of you they are, their modern-day pioneer ancestor.

Jennis said...

I cried with you that day and cried, well am CRYING now reading mom and jills comments and your over whelming opptimism. I love you so much, I hope you and bryant know we love you. you are the best at pluggin away. thank you for your ability to see the blessings in everything. you are so sweet my sister. i love you... sob and sob some more....:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! First, your moving? What will Bryant be doing?
Second, such a crazy story. I am so sorry you all had to go through such an awful experience. I am thankful that nothing happened to anyone and everyone is ok, stuff can always be replaced. I hope everything else goes without a hitch for you all. I can't imagine if that would have happened to us while moving out to WA or on our travel back in May. I am glad God was there to watch over you all. Good luck with everything else. Many prayers for your family and keep Chris in yours because he is moving here Saturday with his travel across the US.